Little Ole Texas Town and The New York Times Blame 11-Year Old Girl for Her Gang Rape–By Men as Old as 27 Years
If the sickness in this world isn’t palpable elsewhere, go to Cleveland, TX, a town in which an 11-year old little girl has been blamed for instigating her own gang rape, a case in which 18 men have been implicated, because they recorded it.
“The video led the police to an abandoned trailer, more evidence and, eventually, to a roundup over the last month of 18 young men and teenage boys on charges of participating in the gang rape of an 11-year-old girl in the abandoned trailer home, the authorities said. Five suspects are students at Cleveland High School, including two members of the basketball team. Another is the 21-year-old son of a school board member. A few of the others have criminal records, from selling drugs to robbery and, in one case, manslaughter. The suspects range in age from middle schoolers to a 27-year-old. The case has rocked this East Texas community to its core and left many residents in the working-class neighborhood where the attack took place with unanswered questions. Among them is, if the allegations are proved, how could their young men have been drawn into such an act? “ New York Times How can a newspaper like the New York Times ask the question “…how could their young men have been drawn into such an act?” when the victim is an eleven year old girl?
Has society returned to the day that a female victim cannot say No to forced sex? Have we returned to the day when an 11-year-old girl is berated in public forums for allegedly enticing these adults and teenagers into threatening to harm the young girl if she didn’t have sex with them?
Apparently, the New York Times has trouble with the concept of rape too, but I have repeatedly found the New York Times to be a regularly misogynistic accounting of any story based on women, so I am not entirely surprised by that.
Cleveland, TX = rape acceptance? According to the locals, appears to be so. Hey, you Cleveland, TX residents who believe an 11-year old girl could participate in her own rape, there is a country called Afghanistan that supports people like you. Do us a favor and move there.
- Cleveland, Texas Rape: Mujeres Unidas and Quanell X (nogender.wordpress.com)
- In One Texas Town, There is No Such Thing as Rape! (jonathanturley.org)
- The Texas Gang Rape Dividing a Town (thedailybeast.com)
- Thursday: Little Girls Do Not Cause Men to Rape (skydancingblog.com)
- NYT blames 11 your girl raped by 18 black males for her own rape. (genomega1.wordpress.com)
- New York Times Blames 11-Year-Old Girl for Her Gang-Rape (news.change.org)
- Ethics For Dummies: A Recommended Reference For The New York Times the Next Time They Report A Rape Case. (redstate.com)
- 11-Year-Old Girl Horrifically Gang-Raped; New York Times Article Blames the Victim (alternet.org)