NASCAR Driver Kasey Kahne Calls Nursing Mom Defender “A Dumb Bitch”
Just when you think some of Nascar couldn’t get any rougher or more male-worshipping, you hear a story like this about a Nascar driver calling a nursing mom disgusting and a woman who defended her a “dumb bitch.” According to the story, Kasey Kahne saw a woman nursing her baby in a store and was disgusted by it, at which point, he lashed out using Twitter to trumpet his ignorance and misogyny to the world:
Well, Ashton Kutcher needed to turn his Twitter account over to a managerial team, and it looks like it’s time for Kahne to do the same. If you would like to really communicate to people who have influence, you could always write to his professional sponsor: Great Clips. Tell them that you won’t support a business that gives money to men who call women “dumb bitch,” especially on Twitter.
Here is the Great Clips link to send them feedback.
Supposedly Kasey Kahne “apologized” for his remarks, but all he said was that he didn’t argue with women choosing to breastfeed–no apology for calling a woman a dumb bitch or calling breastfeeding disgusting. You can see it for yourself though:
“My comments were not directed at the mother’s right to breastfeed. They were just a reaction to the location of that choice, and the fashion in which it was executed on that occasion. I respect the mother’s right to feed her child whenever and wherever she pleases.”
No apology in that supposed apology. He never apologizes for anything, just tries to defend his misogynist posts.
- NASCAR’s Kasey Kahne apologizes for calling mom of three a ‘dumb bitch’ [Kasey Kahne] (jalopnik.com)
- NASCAR’s Kasey Kahne apologizes for calling breastfeeding mom a ‘dumb bitch’ [Kasey Kahne] (jalopnik.com)
- NASCAR Driver Kasey Kahne Apologizes For ‘Offensive’ Breastfeeding Tweets (mediaite.com)
- NASCAR Driver Kasey Kahne Apologizes for ‘Nasty’ Breastfeeding Tweets (buzz103.radio.com)
- NASCAR Driver Kasey Kahne Apologizes for ‘Nasty’ Breastfeeding Tweets (wirk.radio.com)